Best Immigration Practices

Immigration Services



As the most diverse country on Earth, the United States benefits immensely from immigration. Foreign citizens have several available avenues to visit, live, or work in America. Whether for a temporary stay or a permanent move, immigration procedures can be incredibly complex, dense, and frustrating. As such, our legal team at the Law Offices of John Garzon is dedicated to helping individuals and families resolve their  immigration issue as quickly and as successfully as possible so they can begin to enjoy the benefits of legal status.


Filing the appropriate paperwork is the way to begin. An adult should fill out and submit an Application for Naturalization, form N-400. Minors must apply for a Certification of Citizenship, form N-600. If you have adopted children from a foreign country, you will need a Certification of Citizenship on behalf of an Adopted Child, form N-463. If you have questions about any of these forms, our firm may provide the counsel and guidance you need. Call us today and get started!


If you are suffering from various kinds of persecution in your country of origin, then you may be able to seek asylum and refuge in the United States. In order to request this, you must claim asylum at any port of entry into the United States, and you must be able to show reasonable proof of the persecution that you are experiencing in your country of origin. In order to be granted asylum into this nation, you must be able to prove past persecution, or well-founded fear of future persecution based on any of the following grounds:

  • Race
  • Ethnicity
  • Religious beliefs
  • Political stance or opinion
  • Affiliation with a particular social group

After sending in your application, you will meet with a local asylum office within six weeks of filing. At this interview you will be required to describe the persecution that you have suffered, and the fears you have of persecution if you are required to return to your country. Two weeks after the interview, you will pick up the decision, which will either recommend asylum or not. If you are here on a visa, and your application is denied, then you may have the opportunity to submit additional evidence as to why you need asylum. If you are not in valid status, then you will be placed in removal proceedings if your application is denied.Immigration & Deportation Law in New York City


Having USCIS deny your application for Permanent Residency or a visa can be incredibly frustrating. If your petition or application has been denied or revoked by the USCIS, in most cases you may appeal the decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals (“BIA”) or Administrative Appeals Office (“AAO”). Our New York City Immigration Law Firm has extensive experience in filing appeals and motions to reconsider.

Perhaps you unintentionally provided information that was inaccurate- and now you have been charged with immigration fraud. You have been denied your visa or permanent resident status. An appeal may provide a more fair result.
You may have had previous counsel assist you and they were negligent in their handling of your case.
Perhaps you have reason to suspect that certain pieces of information in your petition or application might have wrongly caused immigration authorities to question your admissibility. Now you wish for an opportunity to clarify the evidence, strengthening your position.
Your case may have been denied due to the fact that the judge or adjudicating officer incorrectly applied the law.

Whatever your situation may be the Immigration Attorneys at the Fisher Legal Group can assist you through the appeals process. When you appeal an immigration decision, your Immigration appeals attorney will most likely file a brief (a legal explanation) in support of your appeal. The brief will seek to demonstrate that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or USCIS policy. If at a later point you have new or additional evidence, you can file a Motion to Reopen.